Under normal circumstances I would suggest using the following April Monthly Day Habilitation Activity for ideas to plan for the month, however the new normal has changed. Many school districts have created lesson plans and activities for school children that are home during these trying times including resources on speech and OT activities.
I have seen very little information for adults that receive day habilitation services. For some individuals, the new normal means staying at home in a residential setting and for others, it is staying home with family members. For people with developmental disabilities, adjusting to changes can be challenging affecting both the individual and the home.
For this month and upcoming months, I will blog articles on activities that can be used in the home to help individuals continue to work on activities and to help maintain their skills since many day habilitation programs are also closed.
For the month of April, I have included activities for National 1 Cent day, National Road Map Day, Farm Animal Day, Titanic Remembrance Day, National Earth Day and National Zoo Day. The activities focus on the following:
- Following directions
- Fine Motor Skills
- Task Attention
- Multisensory skills
- Money management skills
The activities can be used by anyone of any age as well.
You can find the links to the activities below.
Stay safe and healthy.
- Penny activities. the following worksheets focus on the following skills:
- fine motors skills
- visual- spatial
- Coin Identification
Download here: one cent activities
2. Earth Day Activities(Making an organic smoothie and creating a collage safe for the environment).
3. Reading a road map activity (develop skills in task attention, listening, following directions and following one and two-step commands)
4.The following are lesson plans and curriculum on habitats and zoos.
- Sheep Farm Video Tour (farm food)
- Milk Processing
- Lesson Plan- Farmers, Factories and Food Chain
- Lesson Plan: Who Grew My Soup?
- Egg Farms
6. Titanic Activities:Download here