Today is World Cerebral Palsy Day, not just a way to bring awareness, but to create a movement among people with cerebral palsy, their families and the organizations that support them.
Held in over 50 countries, World Cerebral Palsy (CP) Day is an opportunity for people to take action by creating a global movement for change.
What can you do?
The goal of World CP Day is to encourage people to take action in six-key areas:
- Public awareness- putting an end to ignorance and the stigma it can create.
- Civil rights- ensuring that government officials at the local, regional, and national level will take concrete action
- Medical/Therapeutic- ensuring the best information for diagnoses, prevention and treatment is available.
- Quality of Life- ensuring that people with cerebral palsy find enjoyment and fulfillment in life.
- Education- helping all educators provide an education to members of the cerebral palsy community
- Contribution- making sure each person has the ability to contribute to society.
Oh, and don’t forget to tweet using the hashtag #WorldCPDay